X-Men MCU Phase 4 News: Kevin Feige Interview; No Movie Plan

X-Men movie in Marvel Cinematic Universe is coming, but not in 5 year MCU Phase 4 lineup plan says io9 Kevin Feige interview.

In the io9 article titled Marvel Studios Has a 5-Year Phase 4 Plan That (Probably) Does Not Include the X-Men Kevin Feige interview talked about the future of the MCU films.

“It’ll be a while,” Feige told io9 when asked about bringing the X-Men into the MCU. “It’s all just beginning and the five-year plan that we’ve been working on, we were working on before any of that was set. So really it’s much more, for us, less about specifics of when and where [the X-Men will appear] right now and more just the comfort factor and how nice it is that they’re home. That they’re all back. But it will be a very long time.”

“The slate that we’re building over the next five years [is] not apples to apples,” he said when asked to compare the past and the future. “It is two very distinct things and I hope they’ll feel very distinct. But there is a similar mentality going into it, which is ‘How can we continue to tell stories with some of the characters that audiences already know and love in a unique way, in a different way, in surprising way, of which we have a lot of plans and ideas and work already going into it?’ [Then] ‘How can we introduce new characters that even hardcore fans, comic fans, have barely known or barely heard of.’ That’s really exciting too.”

So as the Kevin Feige interview explained, the Marvel Studios President is basically telling us to wait for the MCU Phase 4 announcement of the movie lineup. I have no problem with waiting on official MCU news. Avengers Endgame release date is April 26, 2019. No need to be concerned with Phase 4 MCU movies for now.

Marvel Fans, Do you believe the Kevin Feige interview about no plans for the X-Men in the MCU Phase 4 schedule?

Marvel Movie Schedule

Avengers Endgame April 26, 2019
Spider-Man: Far From Home July 5, 2019

Add comment