Serena Williams vs Simona Halep Wimbledon 2019 Final Reaction

Serena Williams loses to Simona Halep in 2019 Wimbledon final in straight sets meltdown. Press conference highlights equality.

Serena Williams vs Simona Halep wasn’t the 2019 Women’s Wimbledon final that fans expected. Serena Williams Wimbledon 2019 in a lose to Simona Halep where she was beaten 6-2, 6-2 in less than an hour. Serena Williams lost to Simona Halep who she defeated nine of the 10 previous occasions they played. Serena Williams meltdown to blame on being out of shape? When Serena loses tennis matches, the excuses always fly.

Tennis legend Billie Jean King had said that running a business, looking after a child and battling for equality for women and ethnic minorities, could largely all be dealt with by her staff while she focused on tennis for a couple of years.

The 75-year-old told the BBC earlier in the tournament that Williams should give up being a celebrity for a year: “Just stop all this insanity.”

At the postgame Wimbledon 2019 press conference Serena Williams responded
“The day I stop fighting for equality and for people that look like you and me will be the day I’m in my grave”.

The latest loss highlights Serena Williams failure to equal Australian Margaret Court’s Grand Slam titles record of 24.

Should Serena Williams retire?

Add comment